Friday, January 9, 2009

Blog 4

Question 1.I would prefer not to live in that society. Each INDIVIDUAL is expected to be the same as the next. I don't think that is correct in any sense. No one should be expected to be like the next person or hold the same beliefs, morals, or traditions of another. The country is not ran by a President like the United States. They are ran by a council. This council is more so a dictatorship. Marriage is frowned upon. Technology wasn't very relevant and neither was education.Question 2.The setting of this book is in the past. At least, that's my opinion. That is the vibe I get from it. For one, there is hardly any technology and education. These are two huge factors in society today.Question 3.)Electricity was discovered in Chapter 3. I would've used electricity for cooking, air, telephones, lighting(in the night), and television if it existed.Question 5.) I believe the greatest fear of the council was to become apart of the new age. They wanted to live in the past and were afraid of progression.

No comments: